I Am the Resurrection...




Jesus said to Martha by the tomb of his friend Lazarus:
"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"
"Yes, Lord," she told him...


John 11: 25-26 (ANIV)



Martha believed before Jesus had proved his power in the resurrection of her brother... and before his own resurrection...

Do we believe with the benefit of hindsight?






REFLECTION
I am
The resurrection and the life
Resurrection – not life after death
But life before, beyond and despite death
Resurrection – not immortality of a disembodied soul
But embodiment of your soul in a body to be enjoyed eternally
A body that doesn’t creak, or crumble or decay.
Resurrection – Not reanimation of a rotting corpse
But new life in a new body
Re-creation in my image
My life
Liberated from the grave
A fresh start
A new beginning
A new Genesis
I am
And you can be...

Check out this song... which we used as part of our Easter Morning celebrations.











Selah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Woman of no Distinction

An Epistle To Our Elected Leaders

A Psalm for Sunday: Praise to the Lord who Listens...