A Suitable Psalm for the Parading Season?

The following is a paraphrase of a extract from Psalm 118, more commonly associated with Palm Sunday but perhaps a suitable Psalm for the parading season? Not a parade remembering a king conquering his enemies on a white horse with a sword in his hand, but one of a king on a donkey, with palm branches rather than banners and flags... 
We used this last night as part of our Service of Prayer for Parades and Peace...

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his love endures for ever.
The Lord is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
Shouts of joy and victory resound from the homes of the righteous:
"The Lord's right hand has done mighty things!
The Lord's right hand is lifted high;
the Lord's right hand has done mighty things!"
Open for me the gates of righteousness;
I will enter and give thanks to the Lord.
I will give you thanks, for you answered me;
you have become my salvation.
This is the day the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
O Lord, save us;
O Lord, grant us success.
Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
From the house of the Lord we bless you.
The Lord is God, and he has made his light shine upon us.
Holding palm leaves in our hands let us join in this joyous procession.
You are my God, and I will give thanks;
you are my God, and I will exalt you.
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his love endures for ever.
From Psalms 118:14-29

Shalom

Comments

Steve Finnell said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

A Woman of no Distinction

Advent Candle Liturgy 5: Christmas

An Epistle To Our Elected Leaders