So... after a couple of weeks abstinence from blogging, initially because I was largely staying away from my computer and then because I was swamped with everything I had to do (and still have to do) on my return to the desk, here's a short piece and a little video. The video is a compilation of all the #Advent/Christmas/EpiphanyArt pieces prompted by the Daily Lectionary readings that I have posted on social media recently, which I put together while fiddling with my computer the other night in a post-New Year attempt to stop snacking! But I am posting it to mark the end of this series of daily posts.
During Lockdown Mark 1 I posted #Lent/Easter/PentecostArt posts, and then suggested that others might take up the baton after that for a series of #ArtintheOrdinary posts... but no-one seemed interested...
I'm suggesting it again, so if anyone wants to join in feel free, but I will carry on regardless, although it perhaps will not be every day... I do it not because I have any expertise in art (someone during advent described me as an "art aficionado" even that's stretching it - but then they said a number of kind things that were also stretching credulity) - if anything I turn to art as a window on the text of scripture to force me out of my comfort zones and think of the text in different ways... particularly over-familiar texts. I hope that my offerings have helped to do that for others, especially in these lockdown days. Because where we cannot "get out and about" - at least not further than 10 miles unless we are going for an eye test - it is important that we get out of the ordinary in our thinking at least... and that is true even in the ordinary days of the lectionary...
Selah
Comments